Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Perfect French Manicure.....


Today i am going to do a tutorial on how to do a perfect French manicure. So without further delay lets start with it....

All you need to do is buy a French Manicure kit from any store. I personally do not buy the 'kit'. I just buy the colors separately. But for beginners a kit is needed. 


In a kit you will find three nail polishes : one white, one almost like the skin tone, one crystal clear top coat and last but not the least stickers ( used to paint the nail tips properly)


Now let us get quickly onto the tutorial. It comprises of only four simple steps. So, here we go :-


STEP 1 :-  Apply the skin tone nail polish as the base coat. Let it dry for a few minutes.
STEP 2 :- Apply the white nail polish carefully along the portion of your 'extended' nails. If you do not have steady hands then you can use the stickers. I personally use the stickers because i do not have steady hands. So, if you are using stickers, the thumb rule is, let the polish dry up properly and then peel off the sticker. DO NOT remove it until the nail polish dries off.
STEP 3 :- Take a second look at your nails. Check whether all the tips are equally white. If not then paint the ones which are not equally white to make them all even. Else it will not look good. Let it dry for a good 5 minutes. 
STEP 4 :- Finally when the polish dries off, use the top coat ( the crystal clear one) to give it the perfect finish.


And that is how you can do a perfect French manicure in your house all by your self.
So do try it out and let me know. And if you have any suggestion, queries or anything just let me know, and i will get back to you immediately. 


Have fun with fashion,


Fashionably yours,
Fashionista. 


*picture courtesy styletips101.

4 comments:

  1. i ld love to kiss those perfectly manicured hands of urs...May i??

    ReplyDelete
  2. @BHAVISH...well those are not my hands... nevertheless go ahead..;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it so difficult to do this haha, I can never grow my nails long enough to do a french manicure anyway. I think I will have to try again once my nails have grown haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ emma- well if you are a first timer in doing french manicure then let me tell you a little secret...do not use the base coat...directly use the sticker on your nails to paint the tip of your nail...generally stickers tend to ruin the base coat...after the tip of your nail dries off apply the top coat...you will have equally good result plus more natural...

    try it out and let me know...

    fashionista

    ReplyDelete